Social media are vital communication tools to reach students, faculty, staff and community members. Use these assets as tools to help you decide which platforms your departments should utilize, how to communicate to your audiences and ensure your content fits within the university’s guidelines and best practices.
Using Social Media Resources
Social media kits
We encourage you to use these social media kits to help tell the Missouri State story all year long. You'll find pre-cropped, brand-friendly images for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram that will add eye-catching appeal to your social media channels.
- Hashtags are topic-specific keywords and keyword phrases preceded by a hash sign.
- Hashtags are used to aggregate posts about a specific topic into a public feed. They allow users to access the broader conversation about a topic by simply clicking the tag to search for related posts.
- Hashtags can be used on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
General university hashtags
For general spirit and communication with current and future students
For posts about public affairs signature events and posts related to ethical leadership, cultural competence or community engagement
For commencement information
For Missouri State Homecoming news and events
For the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame
Standard unit avatars
You are encouraged to use these standardized, branded avatars for your unit’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profile avatar. Please download the .ZIP file specific to your administrative unit and select the appropriate .JPG file to upload to your unit’s social media account.
Missouri State has a brand partnership with GIPHY, a search engine that allows people to search for and share animated GIFs featuring campus activities, Boomer Bear and President Clif Smart.
GIFs are animated images that loop endlessly. They’re a great way to engage audiences on social media with an engaging visual component.
For more information on how to access and use Missouri State GIFs, visit the Brand blog.
Whether you’re a student, employee or alumnus, you can give your Facebook profile pic a Missouri State flair with Facebook Frames.
To add a #GoMaroon frame to your profile picture:
- Go to www.Facebook.com/ProfilePicFrames.
- Search “gomaroon” or “missouristate.”
- Select a frame from the menu or search for the frame you want to use.
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save.